$3,000 to be awarded for the 2017/2018 Scholarship Year
- One (1) scholarships for $1,000 to any full-time student enrolled in the Fall 2017 semester/quarter at a four year university with a major or emphasis in accounting or finance.
- Two (2) scholarships for $500 to any part-time university or full-time community college student enrolled in the Fall 2017 semester/quarter with a major or emphasis in accounting or finance who has completed at least 12 units in business administration classes.
- Five (5) awards for $200 to any student that attends the Community Relations Dinner on November 16 th , 2017. Any student who is enrolled in the Fall 2017 semester/quarter with a major emphasis in accounting or finance, will be entered into the drawing to receive one of the awards.
AFWA encourages and welcomes both women and men to apply for the 2017 scholarships. Our group works hard each year to raise the funds to provide these scholarships to our local students in the Orange County Area. We look forward to your applications and evaluating you for our awards. Below are our criteria for applying for our scholarships:
- Scholarship applicants must major or have an emphasis in accounting with either a full-time or part-time student status at the four year university level and full-time at the community college level. Full-time and part-time status is determined based upon the most recent semester/quarter completed, according to the official transcript records submitted by the applicant.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the AFWA – Orange County Chapter – November 2017 Student Night dinner, which will be held on Thursday, November 16th, 2017. The AFWA 2017 scholarships will be awarded at this dinner event.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, and you meet the above criteria, please carefully complete the online application. (Only completed applications will be considered).
Application Deadline is Friday, October 27, 2017.
If you would like to mail or E-mail the application, please send it and any other required attachments to:
Student Scholarship Chairperson, AFWA, Orange County Chapter
3857 Birch Street, PMB 169
Newport Beach, CA 92660
OR E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All information provided to AFWA will be held in strict confidence.
All scholarship applications and required attachments must be submitted or postmarked no later than Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Previous Scholarship Winners
2016 Scholarship Winners