Become a Member
Members include partners and staff in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, staff accountants, internal auditors, academicians, financial analysts and data processing consultants, recent college graduates and women returning to the work force. The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
AFWA is dedicated to:
- Empowering women in the accounting and financial fields
- Increasing members’ technical knowledge, skills and abilities
- Keeping members current in their field of expertise
- Providing career management and transition
- Guidance and assistance
Local Chapter Benefits:
- Valuable networking opportunities with local businesses and our members
- Fun events with other fellow members
- Personal and professional support
- Rewarding Scholarship program participation
- Job listings & referral network
- Leadership opportunities in a supportive environment
- Management skills development
- Low-cost, high quality CPE at local meetings
- Access to our database of local members (to request a copy of the database, email database@AFWAoc.org)
- Prestigious status of professional affiliation
- National contacts for networking and professional information
- Forum for CPE
- Leadership opportunities in supportive arena
- Subscription to The Compass e-magazine
- National and regional conferences at a discounted rate
- Access to Career Center
- Access to AFWA’s LinkedIn group
- National online membership directory
- Discounted membership to the Institute for Management Accountants (IMA)
- Discounted products and services through affiliation agreements
(CCH tax & accounting books, Long Term Care insurance, Bank of America credit card and more)
AFWA National Links:
AFWA membership is available to individuals in all areas of accounting: public, private industry, nonprofit, government, and financial and educational institutions.
- Regular – individuals with a CPA certificate or equivalent, a Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or a minimum of two years work experience in the field of accounting.
- Associate – Regularly enrolled students or individuals with less than two years work experience in accounting and who do not qualify for regular membership.
- Affiliate – Individuals with a substantial interest in the profession.
- Retired – Individuals with five consecutive years of AFWA membership, who have reached the age of 65.
For additional information, please contact membership@AFWAoc.org
|’17-’18 National Dues||’17-’18 Chapter Dues|
|Regular: $199||Regular: $56||Total Cost: $255|
|Affiliate: $199||Affiliate: $56||Total Cost: $255|
|Associate: $99||Associate: $21||Total Cost: $120|
|Associate: Actively engaged in accounting or finance with less than two years’ experience.|
|Student: $45||Student: $10||Total Cost: $55|
|Student: Regularly enrolled students attending at least half-time, in post-secondary educational institutions, majoring in accounting, finance or it’s equivalent.|